Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Food challanges

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of the infamous cinnamon challenge. Either you've done it yourself, heard people talk about doing it, or you've seen a video of it. And unless you've been living under a rock, you've probably heard about how horrible of an experience it is.  But despite all the negativity there is still a part of you that wants to do it. That's how I feel at least. So this week me and my friend and I decided to do many of the most popular food challenges. They are as follows

The Cinnamon Challenge: Swallow a spoonful of cinnamon without spitting it out
This is impossible. Not only does the cinnamon get stuck to every inch of your mouth and throat, when you cough to get it out it poofs like a cloud. Then you have to drink for cups of water trying to get every bit of cinnamon. By the end of the ordeal you are left with a sore throat, a counter full of cinnamon, and a lovely warning to others who feel the desire to try.
The Peanut Butter Challenge-eat a table spoonful of peanut butter without drinking anything.
This was remarkably easy. It could be the fact that I love peanut better or just that after the Cinnamon challenge anything seems easy. I look really strange sitting there trying to get the peanut butter off the roof of my mouth but over all the challenge wasn't even that difficult.
The Lemon Challenge- hold a lemon in your mouth for 20 seconds.
I'm pretty sure this ruined my teeth but after the initial 7 seconds of pure acid it wasn't that hard and by the end it tasted pretty good.
Saltine Challenge- eat 7 saltine crackers in a minute.
Basically I feel like I just ate card board. They were so dry and just flat out horrible ( for anyone who doesn't know saltines are the crackers people serve with soup. Also known as soda crackers.)
The Bread Challenge- eat a slice of plain bread in a minute.
Basically, tried and failed miserably. Because i was doing this with some friends i notice that people try different methods. On method is the good old fashioned shove it all in your mouth and chew rapidly. Another is methodically eat your way around the bread. I used the eat piece by piece method. I just tried to take one bite at a time. Sorry to say, none of theses methods worked. At all.

No comments:

Post a Comment