Friday, February 8, 2013

One item down.

This past weekend I completed one of the items on my bucket list! This was really exciting because for a while I've been procrastinating. I actually typed my first post "Explanations" a few weeks ago but I didn't post it. I just had it saved as a draft for a while because i knew the minute I posted that I would have to really start focusing on my bucket list items so I just kept putting it off.

Anyway, the item that I completed was throw a surprise party for someone. Last week was my mom's birthday (January 31) .  My dad had the idea to throw a surprise party for her. I just have to say it is a lot harder than I expected. Of course it was my dads job to do things like call people to invite them and get a reservation but I did all the dirty work (figuratively). It is really hard to come up with excuses on the spot on why you need to look through your moms contact list or why its so important that we go out to eat at a specific time. I spent the whole week answering my mom's questions with "um...." or "I don't know".  To be honest though it was worth it when we got to the resturaunt and everyone yelled surprise. I could tell through her blushing that she was touched. I just have to say thank goodness I checked this item off the list though. A lot of effort was needed and I'm not sure if I'd be willing to do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment